MCS Data Privacy Notice
Republic Act No. 10173, also known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (DPA), aims to protect personal data in information and communications systems both in the government and the private sectors.
This notice informs you how we collect and use your personal data. It will also guide you on how we will use these data as we conduct enrolment, and other processes, while we establish trustworthy partnership with you. In all of your submitted personal information, whenever Marikina Catholic School collects personal data from you, you warrant that such information are true and correct and are freely given.
Why do we collect your personal information?
Marikina Catholic School collects your personal data strictly in accordance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012, and its implementing rules and regulations. We collect information to process requirements to DepEd, other government agencies and other similar transactions. This information includes:
- Basic personal information, such as your name, birthday, place of birth, nationality and picture (identification); email, home address, contact number (contact information), etc.
- Sensitive personal information, such as your PRC license number, (other ID numbers issued by government agencies), company name, salary, race, ethnic origin, marital status, color, philosophical or political affiliations, previous or current health record, tax returns, breach cases and position.
How do we use Personal Information?
In particular we are using your personal information to:
- Process your application for enrollment,
- support students learning,
- monitor and report on students’ progress,
- assess the quality of our service, deposits for online transactions, accounts, and mandates of different government agencies.
- Forecast the schedules of trainings/seminars that you are going to attend, contests as participant/s, online, blended learning, modular.
- comply with the law regarding data sharing, or as required by the law.
How long do we Store, Retain and Destruct your Personal Information?
The data will be kept and protected in our database and archive using a secured server behind a firewall, deploying encryption and physical security measures from the time of enrollment. We keep these data as accurate and complete as possible for the entire duration of your education, and/or until the expiration of the retention limit set by laws, unless you request that your data in our database and hard copies be deleted immediately. Once deleted, the data will be completely removed from all the storage locations.
Who can access your personal information?
With whom do we share your information?
All personnel who handle such information of the company shall maintain the confidentiality and secrecy of all personal data that come to their knowledge and possession even after your graduation or other contractual relations. Personal data under the custody of the school shall be disclosed only pursuant to a lawful purpose, and to authorized recipient of the data.
As general rule, we are not allowed to share your data to third party, except in limited circumstances stated below:
Marikina Catholic School shall disclose your information to DepED, law enforcement and government agencies on a statutory basis. All third parties with which we share this information are required to use your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this policy.
Please note that you are responsible for ensuring that all such personal information you submit through our website, computerized data system or the form you fill out is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
How can you access, correct and update the personal information we have about you?
You understand that you may request Marikina Catholic School through a written letter or email to the Data Protection Officer (DPO) to exercise your rights, which include right to be informed, access, modify, erasure or blocking, object and damages to processing your personal information within 48 hours when such request was made.
To exercise such rights, contact us at:
Data Protection Officer
Marikina Catholic School
- Fernando Ave., cor. Mt. Everest St.
San Roque, Marikina City
Tel. # (02) 645-8738 loc. 2001, 9:00am-4:00pm
Changes to this Policy